SIMPLE WHITE SAUCE
POWDER - Try some creamy tasty Cauliflower or Broccoli with your smoked meat plates!
You can now make a classic creamy Bechamel White Sauce in just a few mins.
Add shredded cheese to make a cheesy creamy White Sauce to pour over baked Cauliflower or Broccoli to serve with your Smoked meats.
The old fashioned tedious method involved mixing butter, flour, and milk. Too hard... Any Guy can make this great Sauce. I did!
Bechamel Sauce is a very popular versatile creamy sauce for many dishes:
· Chicken or Turkey
· Stir any grated cheese or Shredded Cheddar into the White Sauce to make Mornay Sauce to pour over Fish or Baked Veggies.
· Add Horse Radish or Mustard to pour over Corned Beef or Roast Beef.
· Add Seasonings like Lemon Myrtle, Paprika, Parsley, Cracked Pepper etc for meats and Fish dishes.
· Pasta bakes
· Chicken pies
· Pour on top of a bowl of Spaghetti Bolognese
1) Add 50g or 1/3 level cup WHITE SAUCE POWDER to 250ml Milk in a cool saucepan, stir until free from lumps. Double the measures for a big Family meal.
2) Add 250ml boiled water into the Bechamel mix, and put on stove to heat.
3) Stir until it boils, then simmer for 2 minutes stirring occasionally until it thickens (optionally add cheese and stir in), then turn off. All done!
INGREDIENTS: Thickener 1422, skim milk powder, maize maltodextrin, rice flour, salt, sugar, vegetable gum (412,415), vegetable oil, flavour enhancer (635), yeast extract, food acid (330), natural flavour, spice, cheese powder. Contains Gluten.