SPECIAL PASTRAMI COMBO RUB DEAL: 250g bulk bag of freshly CRACKED PEPPER and 250g of our GUNPOWDER RUB. Mix together to make a fantastic coating for Corned Silverside, which becomes Pastrami when cooked.
The Cracked Pepper is from Vietnam and has a little heat. Gunpowder Rub contains Black Peppercorns, Himalayan Salt, and Activated Charcoal, all cold smoked for 2 days on Red Gum and Cherry Wood. Combine the 2 to make the best Pastrami coating you can imagine.
Make your own Corned Beef Silverside with PRAGUE#1. Use it to Inject Girello, Silverside, or Brisket, then Brine it in same solution for 7 days.
MAKE SMOKED PASTRAMI VERY EASILY.
- Buy Corned Beef Silverside from Aldi, Tasman, etc.
- Rinse off and submerge meat for 1 hr to remove the salty Brine.
- Take out and slice off fat and silverside skin.
- Mix MOIST MUSTARD BOMB with water in 1 to 6 ratio ie. 1 measure of powder to 6 measures water.
- Inject meat thoroughly till it won't take any more.
- Roll the injected Corned Beef in the Mix.
- Place meat in BBQ Smoker and Smoke like a Brisket around 12 hrs at around 120C.
- Wrap meat in PINK BUTCHER PAPER at 65C/150F internal meat temp, to prevent meat drying out and to continue Smoking.
- Cook to 82C/180F internal meat temp and rest 1hr in another layer of Pink Butcher Paper or place a towel on top. Pastrami is best sliced and served cold the next day.
- Slice very thin. Serve plain, or cover slices in Mustard or White Bechamel Sauce.
Our Cambodian Black Pepper is called Kampot:
Kampot Pepper is a unique pepper from Cambodia with origins tracing back to the Kingdom of Angkor in the 13th century. The pepper berry is picked once it's reached full maturity and turned a bright red colour.
Kampot Pepper is produced by drying the red pepper berries in the Kampot sun until they turn a deep black colour. This rare and unique pepper is a true delicacy and one of the highest quality peppers in the world.
Kampot Black Peppercorns are highly aromatic with a fruity nose. It has a clean, slow-building heat and its peppery flavour lingers in the mouth with floral, clove and eucalyptus notes. This versatile pepper can be used to add a fruity, peppery flavour to many dishes. You'll be amazed by the wonderful and bold flavour this little berry can add to your dishes.