SPECIAL PASTRAMI COMBO RUB DEAL: 250g bulk bag of CRACKED PEPPER and 250g of our GUNPOWDER RUB. Mix together to make a fantastic coating for Corned Silverside, which becomes Pastrami when cooked.
The Cracked Pepper is from Vietnam and has a little heat. Gunpowder Rub contains Black Peppercorns, Himalayan Salt, and Activated Charcoal, all cold smoked for 2 days on Red Gum and Cherry Wood. Combine the 2 to make the best Pastrami coating you can imagine.
Make your own Corned Beef Silverside with PRAGUE #1. Use it to Inject Girello, Silverside, or Brisket, then Brine it in same solution for 7 days.
MAKE SMOKED PASTRAMI VERY EASILY.
- Buy Corned Beef Silverside from Aldi, Tasman, etc.
- Rinse off and submerge meat for 1 hr to remove the salty Brine.
- Take out and slice off fat and silverside skin.
- Mix MOIST MUSTARD BOMB with water in 1 to 6 ratio ie. 1 measure of powder to 6 measures water.
- Inject meat thoroughly till it won't take any more.
- Mix 1 part CHARCOAL GUNPOWDER RUB with 3 parts or more of CRACKED PEPPER in a large bowl.
- Roll the injected Corned Beef in the Mix.
- Place meat in BBQ Smoker and Smoke like a Brisket around 12 hrs at around 120C.
- Wrap meat in PINK BUTCHER PAPER at 65C/150F internal meat temp, to prevent meat drying out and to continue Smoking.
- Cook to 82C/180F internal meat temp and rest 1hr in another layer of Pink Butcher Paper or place a towel on top. Pastrami is best sliced and served cold the next day.
- Slice very thin. Serve plain, or cover slices in Mustard or White Bechamel Sauce.
Piper nigrum (Black Pepper peppercorns). Black pepper comes from the Piper nigrum pepper plant, a smooth woody vine that can grow up to 33 feet in hot and humid tropical climates. This hotly pungent spice is one of the earliest known and most widely used spices in the world today. Once used as currency and presented to the gods as a sacred offering, it is fortunate that this most popular of spices is available throughout the year. A pinch of black pepper is added to almost every type of recipe imaginable.
· High in antioxidants.
· Has anti-inflammatory properties.
· May benefit your brain.
· May improve blood sugar control.
· May lower cholesterol levels.
· May have cancer-fighting properties.