Don't continually replace Pine Bark, use our Baby Red Gum BioChar Charcoal Fines for a permanent black totally Weed Proof water retaining ground cover for garden beds and Landscaping. Never has to be replaced! Make ACTIVATED BIOCHAR by mixing our Charcoal with Chicken or Cow Manure, for a super charged soil improver!
PICKUP ONLY, $1/kg. Shovel into your containers or we can load a 300kg-400kg approx 1.5 cu mtr Bulka Bag into your trailer.
We can forklift it into your trailer. A 340-360kg bag would do 12 sqm at 100mm/4" deep.
To mulch 100mm or 4″ deep, divide the square area by 10. In this case, 12 square metres divided by 10 is 1.2 cubic metres. You can round that figure up to 1.5 cubic metres of pine bark material, to be sure. Any extra can be used as a topping for Garden Pots.
than Pine Bark as no termites living in it next to your wood windows or walls.
No insects in it so birds won't flick it out, looking for a feed. It doesn't
blow around either.
It creates a dark blanket that prevents weeds sprouting, and keeps soil moist, underneath. Our Factory garden bed has not had a weed pop up for the 6 mths it has been in, our shrubs are twice the size of other garden beds planted the same time!
Use as a BioChar grade Charcoal soil conditioner, Water Retaining Mulch, Orchid Potting Mix, or Decorative landscaping Pebbles, or topping for Pots. 5-25mm pieces, pics shown with 20c coin. Diameters range between 4-25mm.
Cash Pickups available by appointment from our Carrum Downs 3201 Warehouse. Terry 0431 210 997
Pure Chemical Free Red Gum Tree Lump Charcoal.
- Looks great as landscaping ground cover or topping for plants or trees in Pots.
- Acts as a soil conditioner, rotary hoe a layer into clay soils to aerate and retain water.
- Acts as water saving mulch for veggie plots or Gardens. reduces watering to once per week.
- When mixed with soil, it increases water and nutrient holding capacity ensuring that your plants and crops prosper and stay healthy.
– Adds structure to soil. Builds up sandy soils & makes clay soils more friable - easier to dig!
– Holds nutrients in structure where plants can access them - Less fertiliser is therefore needed.
– Habitat for beneficial bacteria that enhance plant growth.
– Returns carbon to soil.
Much of Australian soil is carbon deficient and adding Biochar grade charcoal enriches the soil. While not a fertiliser it conditions the soil, reduces soil acidity, and importantly in our dry summers holds moisture for plants to access (less watering needed).
Biochar, charcoal, and activated carbon can be broadly defined in the following ways: