Your COLD SMOKE GENERATOR comes fully assembled with:-
- Our STAINLESS STEEL LOGO COLD SMOKER
MACHINE. 40cm Tall 26cm Wide 11cm Deep.
- Threaded outlet stainless steel pipe 25mm W 150mm long. Screw in loosely so it can be undone easily later as Creosote will gum up and seal the threads. Heat up threaded end to undo later if stuck.
- LID WITH TIMBER SEAL INSERT. The wood seal gets coated and sealed with creosote on 1st smoke.
- FOLDED STAINLESS STEEL WOOD CHIP FLOOR. To empty ash out, simply tip Smoker upside down.
- 600mm 10mm PUMP AIR HOSE. Connects air pump to Smoker.
- 800mm ORANGE PIPE CLEANER to clear air pipe. Clear creosote out of narrow steel air pipe, pass through and out.
- 5 COLD SMOKER TAR PADDLE CLEANERS. More available in Drop Down Menu. (Added 7/9/20)
- SS BASE BRACKET & BOLTS. The Machine Base can sit on a shelf, or be bolted to a BBQ, old Shop Coke Fridge, Smoker Cabinet, Smoker Shed, or Wine Barrel.
No need to take apart to clean, simply tip upside down to empty ash, and unscrew blow pipe and burn out creosote around the small air pipe with a blowtorch and push it in.
OPTIONAL CONDENSATION TRAP (Patent Pending)
- This is genius, it fits between the Smoker Pipe and the Fridge or BBQ. It captures the moisture from the hot smoke and drips it down into the black pipe trap. This is Liquid Smoke and can be used in BBQ Sauces. Use it to create dry smoke for smoking salts, dry Chilli's, and cheeses. Only minimal condensation is caught with high pump speed as the air flows too fast through the trap, slow down the air flow to catch moisture and to create a drier smoke.
TO START COLD SMOKER:-
- Lightly screw in the smoke outlet pipe till just snug. It will get sticky creosote on threads and is easier to undo if not done up tight.
- Fill or partially fill with small Wood Chips and connect optional Condensation Trap between Fridge or BBQ and the Cold Smoker outlet Pipe.
- or insert the 25mm stainless steel outlet pipe into a matching hole cut low in your smoking fridge, BBQ, wine barrel or cabinet. You also need a matching size hole at the top back wall to let the smoke out.
- The base bracket face can be bolted or screwed to your Smoker or Fridge via the 3 holes.
Any size Chip works, but larger Chips need to be poked down once in a
while to get them to drop feed.
N.B. Ensure you have a smoke outlet pipe at the top. If cold smoke is not allowed out, it will go around and around getting heavier until it becomes a dense cloud and drips bitter black creosote. The good creosote that coats foods is a gold colour and coats the foods and smoker walls with a dry gold coating.
Connect 10mm air hose from pump to top of handle pipe.
Turn pump on full blast. Start both holes with a narrow nose Blowtorch.
The above is a Bunnings Propane Torch.
Swing round cover partially closed to slow burning down and reduce smoke flow. Adjust Pump dial down to regulate amount of smoke output. The '1' Setting is usually adequate air flow.
TO EMPTY OUT ASH:
- Simply tip unit upside down and shake.
- Occasionally unscrew bottom bolts and clean out base, no real need to do this as ash easily tips out upside down.
AFTER EACH LONG SMOKE
- Wipe the creosote off the thread and loosely screw in for next time.
- Bunnings Acetone works well for wiping sticky black creosote off thread and stains off the body.
We now offer Paddle cleaners 7/9/20
REGULAR CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Scrub scratches and stains off with a green Scotch Brite scourer pad
only. Harsher scourers make nasty scratches.
- Fingerprints wipe off with glass cleaner spray.
SMOKE OUTLET WILL DECREASE AS CREOSOTE TAR BUILDS UP IN OUTLET PIPES:
- Scrub scratches and stains off with a green
Scotch Brite scourer pad only. Harsher scourers make nasty scratches.
- To clear out built up black sticky creosote from narrow steel air pipe: poke orange pipe cleaner through.
- To clear out built up black sticky creosote from large steel outlet pipe: Unscrew pipe, if stuck, heat screw end with blowtorch to loosen, and scrape out tar with screwdriver or paddle pop stick. I use a blowtorch to burn the tar into powder, then push it in and clear around the air pipe. Wipe or wire brush the creosote off the pipe thread so it screws back in easily, screw in loosely so it can be undone easily later.
- Wipe off sticky creosote easily with Bunnings Diggers Acetone, it's found in their Paint Section.